Martha Stewart's Apple Puffed Pancake

These past 2 days I am busy with making sweet thing. Yesterday I think I made few gallons of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Chocolate Ice cream and actually I plan to make Strawberry ice cream tomorrow too. I have to make ice cream in gallons because my father in one sitting can devour 1 pint of ice cream! His favorite is vanilla and he can give an honest testimony that my vanilla bean ice cream can beat Haggen Daz and Baskin Robbins. The secret is at my organic Mexican and Tahitian vanilla beans ( I bought the best grade ) that I imported straight from the growers. For my sources, you can read on my entry in here. I think they are cheap and good.

In my fridge this morning I found 3 lovely Fuji Apples. Since I want to make thing easy and quick I use this recipe that I downloaded from Marthastewart.com. It even have a video clip that you can watch too.

Apple Puffed Pancake

Ingredients

Serves 6

  • 6 large eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups skim milk, preferably organic
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 4 apples, such as Gala or Red Delicious, peeled, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon light-brown sugar
  • Confectioners' sugar, optional

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
  2. Combine eggs, milk, and vanilla in the jar of a blender. Blend until well combined. Add flour, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Blend until dry ingredients are well incorporated; set aside.
  3. Place butter in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Transfer dish to oven and heat until butter has just melted. Carefully remove from oven and place apples in a single layer in baking dish. Return to oven and cook until butter begins to bubble, about 4 minutes.
  4. Pour batter over apples, sprinkle with brown sugar, and continue baking until puffed and golden, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired; serve immediately.

NOTE: If you happen to have all the ingredients, try this recipe, it's so easy. You just need to clean up your blender as your tool to make it. I did not put my own picture here is because I made a bad decision when I try this recipe, I use more sugar than what it calls so they are become too dark. But they still taste good. It taste even better with my vanilla bean ice cream a la mode ...yum!

Also today I went to try Siam Restaurant at Galaxy Mall for lunch with my whole family. Originally we were planning to watch Spiderman 3 but the tickets are sold out because today is holiday and more people going to the mall. I gave 2.5 stars for a 5 star rating for that restaurant. What I like best about it is they are cheap and when you have HSBC, they are even cheaper because you can get up to 50% discount on your meal! "It's a good thing" is what Martha Stewart might say maybe ....

Comments

Popular Posts