Chicken with Wine and Wood Ear

I am 33 years old this year and most of my friends are about the same age. Right now, some of them just had babies just like I do and unlike me, they don't have the opportunity of someone cooking a regime of healthy chinese food for post-partum ( after delivery ). Chinese has a lot of rule about what's good for women who just giving birth. Like we can't wash our hair for a month ( No way in hell I am going to follow this rule! ). Then we can't eat spicy food for the first month and can't drink cold drink too ( I sneak in some cold drink ). It is said that if we get sick within the first month, our body will have the tendency to get the same sickness for the rest of our life. On the positive side, after giving birth, this is the best chance for our body's type to be changed. If before having a baby you are easily to get sick, then by following all the rules, your body type will be change to healthier one. My own sister in law's skin change to much whiter and clearer after she follow this rule. We had another friend who after following the rule, she becomes rarely get cold or flu. For myself, I found that by following this rule, it's so easy to loose weight because the food is tend to be bland. In fact, my sister in law who gains about 60 lbs, lost all of that weight within 2 months!

So for the next time I had more time again to update this blog, I am going to add more of this healthy post partum dishes for all of my friends out there who just delivered their babies.



CHICKEN WITH WINE AND WOOD EAR

The amount of rice wine could be adjusted according to your taste. Wood ear helps to remove post natal blood accumulated in the uteri.

Ingredients:

(A) 1 free range chicken, cut into pieces
20 gr wood ear, soaked
150 gr cooked peanuts

(B) 1 Tbs sesame oil
100gr shredded mature ginger

(C) rice wine to taste
salt to taste

Method:

1. Stir fry (B) until fragrant. Add in (A). Stir fry well. Pour 2 cups of water. Bring to the boil.
2. Reduce to low heat and boil for 15 more minutes.
3. Season with (C). Bring to the boil and serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts